Our 2013 application is closed.
Sorry, or 2013 application deadline has passed. Are you an artist interested in applying in for future festivals? Join our email list to receive notification when we release next year's application.
Each year our fringy tentacles reach out to every corner of the globe in search of fun, innovative and edgy new work to feature at our dynamic festival. We want you!
The deadline for submissions to the 2013 Berkshire Fringe is Friday, March 1 at 11:59pm.
The 9th annual Berkshire Fringe takes place July 15–August 5 and will feature mind-blowing original works of theater, dance, music and multi-media performances by emerging artists from across the United States and around the globe.
Since our inception in 2005, The Berkshire Fringe has supported over 500 emerging artists and presented nearly 100 full length original productions, workshops and artist in residency programs.
Are you a company, individual or ensemble that is a great match for our festival? We'd love to learn more about you!
Curious about what is in store if you decide to apply? Once you register, you'll receive a login and password that will allow you to view, edit and upload your application materials at your convenience.
Overview of Requested Application Materials and Questions
- Project Title
- Name, Address, Phone, Email
- Production Company Name
- Writer/Creator, Dircetor/Choreographer, Cast/Ensemble
- Length of Piece
- Number of Performers & Personnel
- Do you have the required Union Permissions?
- Tech Specs: Lighting, Sound, Video, etc.
- An artist statement describing the piece you are submitting. (aprox 1 page)
- Why do you feel that The Berkshire Fringe is an appropriate venue for your work?
- Please describe the history and origins of your project
- If and where has it been performed?
- Short bios for key collaborators
- Tell us a story that goes beyond the information provided in the rest of the application materials and provides unique insight into you, your company, or your piece.
- Short Project Marketing Rave / Description
- $60 Application Fee payable by Credit or Debit Card online.
- At least 2 of the following types of supporting materials:
- Script (PDF)
- Concise Show Summary (PDF)
- Photos (upload png, gif or jpg format)
- Uploaded video or audio files (mp3 m4a m4v mp4 mov)
- YouTube or Vimeo video links
- Links to Company/Performer Websites & Other online presences (facebook, etc)
Still Have Questions? Check out our nifty FAQ section.
Have fun with your application - show us what you're all about!